Thursday, March 18, 2010

Leavin' Capetown

It's hard to take a bad picture of Capetown (this from the Queen of bad photography!) As the plane flew out of Capetown on its way to Windhoek, Namibia, I had a final chance to take a last few hundred photos.
Just before I left, I found out that Lance Armstrong and I have something in common. He was in Capetown early for their annual bicycle race, but he had been detained at the airport for several days because he didn't have enough pages in his passport. I have been fuming about Kenya and my experience there, but the problem wasn't Kenya - it was South Africa. It turns out that if South Africa doesn't feel that you have an adequate number of pages in your passport, they will actually put you on the next plane back to the city you came from. Kenya has enough experience with this happening that they are extra strict about it. So sorry Kenya, that I've been so angry with you. It should have been directed at South Africa!!
And a last comment on photography - Sonny asked me if all the photos in the blog are my own. Yes they are. If I use a picture from another source, I always acknowledge them in the text next to the photo. Considering that Sonny is one of the best photographers I know - this is one of the nicest questions anyone has ever asked me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: