Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snake and Panther's Excellent Adventure

Snake was sent to pick me up at the airport. His first words to me, "Hello I'm snake and I will take you to the hotel. They call me snake because they cannot pronounce my real name." Me (being chatty) - "in College my nickname was Puma" Snake - "What's a puma?" I describe a puma. Snake - "Oh you mean a panther?" Me - "close enough!" Snake - "I will call you panther because I cannot remember puma."
After that, the roadtrip began on the marathon temple tour. While we travelled he played Korean hiphop,the Eagles (I kid you not), and a collection of 70s American pop songs that he had, on the car CD player. There was no radio that we could pick up on the trip so we heard each of these about 10 times each. I taught him American words and he taught me Cambodian words and showed me his beautiful country.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: