Monday, February 02, 2009

Searching for Val Kilmer (Santa Fe)

The first question from Eduardo (gorgeous hair stylist extraordinaire) was "why?" when I told him about my quest to to find the 60,000 acre Val Kilmer ranch.
It started on a morning over-fueled by coffee. Despite my well organized list of errands, I found myself driving into the Candyland shopping center on St. Michael's. Candyland is appropriately named as it sells new and used high-end stereo equipment, as well as an eclectic and international selection of CDs and DVDs.
There, on the counter, was an autographed CD by Val Kilmer.
"Val Kilmer has a CD?" I asked the clerk. I remembered the actor as the Iceman, Tom Cruise's buddy in "Top Gun," Jim Morrison in "The Doors," and Batman in "Batman Forever" - but a CD?
The clerk convinced me it was good and that Val comes in from time to time from his ranch in Galisteo, just outside of Santa Fe.
I bought the CD and an adventure began.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: