Monday, February 02, 2009

Searching for Val Kilmer (Galisteo)

After an hour of searching I found my first human - another Santa Fean out exploring and taking pictures. When I mentioned my Val Kilmer quest her first response was "Why?" She was better than Fodors with her local knowledge and insider's perspective on the politics involving Val Kilmer. In short, she said (1) Mr. Kilmer lives in Pecos, not Galisteo, (2) Pacos is basically the descendents of the original Pueblo Indians and Spanish who settled there and they aren't fond of Mr. Kilmer, (3) Mr. Kilmer is a good friend of our present governor Bill Richardson (the same one who had to decline President Obama's cabinet offer because of potential shady dealings) and (4) Governor Richardson is encouraging Mr. Kilmer to run for governor. I've left out all her editorial comments that colored these comments.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: