Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday Memories of Friends

Multiple decades ago I visited Scotland while on a business trip to England. I was staying in beautiful Edinburgh when I saw a sign advertising a music festival at the Firth of Forth (Sp?). I blindly took a cab to the festival not realizing that (1) no cab would ever come to the festival to pick me up and (2) the temperature would drop 40 degrees while I was at the festival. An incredible family instantly adopted the bumbling tourist from America and made sure that I was warm, fed, imbibed, and transported post festival back to my hotel. They were the kindest people I have ever met and I immediately felt like a welcome part of their family. Every Christmas since meeting them, I have received a Christmas card from Isobel and Jim letting me know how they and their family are doing. I keep telling them that they should be getting a commision from the Scottish tourism Council because they are living proof of the welcoming hospitality of Scotland.
As I gaze out at my snow covered driveway here in Santa Fe, I wish you all warm memories of good friends during this holiday season.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: