Sunday, December 21, 2008

First Christmas in Santa Fe

For the first time ever, I have a 30 ft ceiling in the living room. Despite the little internal voice telling me not to be crazy, I bought a 16 ft tree. This also meant buying my very first step ladder. Decorating was great fun and filled with memories. All of the old ornaments from decades ago reminded me of wonderful friends that I don't see anymore and life cycles that I've passed through. A tiny red cloth Volkswagon purchased the year I bought my very first car - a 69 VW with 4 smashed fenders. The year I took flying lessons was commererated by the 10+ airplane ornaments. Multitudes of skiing and kitty ornaments evidence these two loves. One of my favorites ornaments is a boat in a bottle labelled "Marion's Folly" from dear friends who talked me out of buying a boat to live on. Thank you thank you thank you.
And Happy Holidays and profound nostalgia to everyone!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: