Sunday, January 23, 2011

TheTourTechWars


If you have read my blog in the past, you know that I rarely sign up for organized tours. Perhaps that is why I was so surprised to see the extent of technology that came along with us on the tour. All of us on the tour brought our iPods, laptops, Kindles,and cameras - and such cameras they were!!. My estimate is that among the 18 people on the tour there was close to $20,000 worth of sophisticated camera equipment.During some of the longer bus rides I would hear what I could only describe as the war of technology where the best equipment, the best angle, the best lighting,the best shot, etc., was argued and defended quite loudly. Interestingly, the one person on the bus who is a prfessional photographer never entered the frey. In the photo, Art, (he of the great hat) is taking a picture of a glass of brandy being warmed in another glass. There were so many photos taken of the brandy glass that I am expecting a coffee table book on the subject to be published soon.

No comments: