Wednesday, March 24, 2010

For Renae

My friend Renae recently sent me an email saying that she had successfully climbed all the highest mountains in New Hampshire (during the worst winter ever). I have a new appreciation for her accomplishment since I couldn't make it to the top of this sand dune in time for sunset. We made it about 5 1/2 stories out of 6 before inventing a new sport - butt sliding down the side of the dune. Going down is much easier than going up. This is Etienne - the most patient guide in history. It has been a week since this adventure and I am still finding red sand in everything I own.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marion,
Thanks for the comment! I agree that butt sliding is the best. And going down is always faster if not necessarily safer. In fairness I cannot imagine climbing sand.
Love, Renae