Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Oasis Hotel - my Home this Week

This is such an unusual hotel that I had to include it in my blog. It really is an Oasis for the folks of Cairo. Each of the rooms overlooks a green park-like area and it is like going through a maze to find your way to the main building. The place is huge and takes a good 10-15 minute walk just to get back to the main building. I keep finding stranded tourists on my way to breakfast each morning.
An interesting situation with the hotel - one especially chilly morning I decided to order breakfast from their 24 hour menu. When I called, I was told repeatedly that there was no breakfast - that I would have to go to the main restaurant for breakfast. 3 calls later I found that since my room came with free Breakfast, they could not imagine anyone paying the extra $4 to have a breakfast delivered. I finally convinced them that yes, I would pay the difference.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: