Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Temple Driver

Snake is my driver as we explore the many temples of Siem Reap. Today we are heading on a 2 day trip to temples further out in Cambodia. For me it is a chance to get to know Cambodia, beyond the lovely and tourist oriented Siem Reap. Snake knows his country well and speaks great english with a British accent. He worries about it because the guides make better pay if they speak with an American accent.
I wonder about this because in the 10+ days that I have been traveling I've seen only 2 American visitors. Most of the tourists that I've seen are from France, Austria, or Sri Lanka.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marion,
Just checked into your blog and what a wonderful vicarious trip I have had reading your posts. You are amazing!
Love, Renae

Ramblinme said...

Renae, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I couldn't travel this easily without all your help. You are the best.
Me

Unknown said...

Marion,
As usual, your writing helps us "stay at home" slugs live vicariously through you. I feel like I'm right there with you. Miss you lots, but glad you are having such a great trip.
Sandy

Ramblinme said...

Sandy-why aren't you here with me? We would have so much fun. Miss you bunches. M