Thursday, February 19, 2009

Travel Dreams: The World

A big part of the joy of traveling is the dreaming part; where do I go next?
I'm loving living in Santa Fe and will continue writing about it for as long as I live here, but I am also beginning to plan my second trip around the world. With the economy the way that it is, I'm afraid that if I don't cash in my frequent flyer miles now, I may not have the opportunity later. Already the airlines have upped the number of FF miles needed for an around the world trip.
Earlier in this blog I wrote about my last round the world trip travelling east and including Peru, Egypt, Russia, Madagascar, Kenya, Tanzania, India, Bhutan, Tibet, China, and Hong Kong.
This time I hope do do things differently and I would appreciate your advice about any aspect of the trip. My blog allows you to add your comments at the end of each section, so please do.
As in the past I will travel to countries I have never visited, but this time I will travel west. Here is a tentative plan for the trip.
1.Indonesia, focusing on Borneo
2. Viet Nam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand
3. Bangladesh, Eastern India, and Nepal
4. Eastern Europe, Greece, and Egypt
5. Southern Africa
6. Central America
Also different, I'm thinking about traveling for a year (beginning Jan 2010) and taking my cat (Big Kitty) along.
If this becomes a reality and as things develop, I will include them in my blog. Hopefully other travelers can learn from the many mistakes that I seem to make while traveling. It's all part of the adventure.
Happy Trails from Ramblin Me
Posted by Picasa

No comments: